Our CDFA®, Veralynn Morris uses a hands-on approach with every client. With more than 30 years of experience in the field of financial planning and investment services, Veralynn has an extensive knowledge of the long-term financial implications of divorce. Drawing on her extensive experience as a divorce arbitration consultant, she can help couples navigate every aspect of their divorce, from financial discovery and expert witness testimony to the distribution of assets and property settlement considerations. Veralynn strives to get to know each and every one of the clients that walk through her door so that she can discover and deliver the factual financial data needed to best support their case in court. Navigating a divorce is a hard and messy process. Working with an experienced and dedicated CDFA can make it a little bit easier.
While a lawyer has been trained to help you navigate the legal proceedings, they do not necessarily have any experience in the financial sector. Veralynn will be there along every step of the divorce process, from analyzing net worth and providing expert witness testimony to adjusting your retirement goals long after the divorce has been finalized. Because divorce is such a complex process, you need the help of a CDFA® to help you understand the financial repercussions of the dissolution of your marriage. In addition, a lawyer cannot testify on behalf of a client. This means that if you choose to work only with a lawyer, you may be potentially shortchanging yourself by neglecting to secure a settlement that will help you effectively navigate the future.
As your CDFA®, we will:
- Bring an innovative and creative approach to settling your case
- Be able to provide you and your lawyer with data that shows the financial effect of any given divorce settlement
- Prepare any required affidavit and appear as an expert witness in court or in mediation or arbitration proceedings
- Identify and inform you of any specific tax laws that apply to divorcing couples
- Assist you in collecting financial and expense data and financial affidavit preparation
- Help you identify your current, ongoing, and future financial goals
- Set retirement objectives
- Assist and determine which investments and property are suitable for a positive outcome
- Assist with the preparation of a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO) and follow-up on the prompt transfer of assets until completion
- Identify you and your family’s lifestyle needs today and for the future
At Divorce Financial Solutions, we are here to help you navigate that future. We will help you establish realistic budgets and thoroughly analyze assets so that we can make recommendations for fair and just settlements. After the divorce has been finalized, we will continue to work with you to ensure that your financial goals are being met. If you are not on track, we will help you restructure your goals so that you feel confident that you will have the funds to live the life you want to live.